How much do you enjoy food?

How much do you enjoy eating food? Have you ever wasted much food in the past? Have it ever crossed your mind that while you are wasting food from ordering more than what you can eat, there others out there struggling hard just to get a piece of the leftover food? Have you ever realised that you are one of the privileged ones who can eat as and when you wanted?

I've always feel that one should not waste food... That's why I always try to finish whatever is in the plate, unless the portion is way too much from what I can intake. Nowadays, if I feel that that the portion is too big for me to finish out, I will request for a smaller portion to minimise waste. How about you?

A fellow scrapper, Michelle has shared this video link - Chicken A La Carte by Ferdinand Dimadura, which after viewing, had cried my heart out! I believe that this is a "wake up call" to those who tend to waste food always. Will definitely share this video clip with my friends and hopefully convey a positive message to all, to treasure what you have and also understanding the rationale & importance of not wasting food...
 

Synopsis:
This film is about the hunger and poverty brought about by Globalization. There are 10,000 people dying everyday due to hunger and malnutrition. This short film shows a forgotten portion of the society. The people who live on the refuse of men to survive. What is inspiring is the hope and spirituality that never left this people.

The next time you place an order for food, do think twice if you have ordered too much...

Comments

  1. hi CK, thanks for your compliments on my blog! And also thanks for the meaningful reminder not to waste food - you're absolutely right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. urmm.. sometime i wish i can order.. "half plate of hokkien mee please?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. how apt a reminder ... :) i'm always the rubbish dump. i eat up the left over from the kids' i don't even get to order ...haha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thx for the reminder!!! yes,my mom always say not to waste food.and im faithful to that.and ive put on extra 2kg now because i really don't waste mine plus kid's food haha...btw, congrats on thw win at sasha's and thx for dropping by my blog and yr lovely comments ;)-jaz

    ReplyDelete
  5. oppsy i thot i left a messsage here...btw, thx for coming by my blog ;) thx for sharing the clip !great reminder!!-jaz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts