Opening the Doors to “HELL”owee​n - The Terror Maze at DownTown East

I was invited to the preview of the Doors to “HELL”owee​n - The Terror Maze, which will take place in the Downtown East D'Marquee during 29 October - 2 November 2014. This Halloween event is a collaboration between the Downtown East and a group of year 2 Singapore Polytechnic students.

Once we stepped to the doors to "HELL"oween, we discovered ourselves in a world of totaldarkness... stretch your hands, and you probably can't locate your fingers.  These photos are brighten up for your viewing "pleasure"...

 
When we walked in, the path is so narrow and I'm so worried that "something" may just pop up out of a sudden, of which, there's no way I can escape with such a dark and narrow path...  along the way, we are greeted by skeletons, scary dolls, etc...



 
While trying hard not to get trapped by the spider webs around, you need to take pre-caution against the queen of spider reaching out to you...
 
 
Along the way, we see more scary dolls and skeletons... however, the challenge is how to distingush the scare actors from the mannequin.  Many times, I thought the character is the scare actor, but it turned out to be a mannequin only... and vice versa.
 


 
I hate blood scene as such, and I fear more that, will any of these props suddenly fall right in front of me!?!!



This is the most amazing parts where we are trapped in the world of mirror.  As much as I wanted to stay further away from Samuel to get a picture just of him and his reflections among the mirrors, I am too scare to stay alone... with the light flashing, I have difficulty finding my way out of this mirror  maze... Call me timid, maybe... haaa...

 
Finally, we got out of the maze... Compared to my previous Halloween experience, The Terror Maze is much less scary...  The main reason is The Terror Maze is targetted at family and meant to be family friendly, thus, you can feel that the scare actors are less aggressive in running after you or making all the wailing, giving you creeps!

There are some other fringe activities as well.  We can choose to do some ghastly make up on the face or hands, and get a printed copy at the photo booth.  The booth owners will stamp behind the Carnival Token which costs $5 each.  So to maximise your token, get your makeup done and photo printed before you proceed to the carnival games.

 
 
Looked at Samuel's bleeding hand... Yikes!!!

 
And here's my festered wound...
 
 
There are actually costumes of dracula, court dresses, etc for you to put on when taking pictures at the photo booth...  Oh well, we choose not to put on...
 
 
After the photo booth, time to check out the carnival places, there are a couple of actitvities for your selection...

 
 
 
I give it a try, aiming to hammer the frog to the basket, and I managed to win myself this duckie soft toy...



Thanks Zenna and Downtown East for the invite to the preview of Doors to “HELL”owee​n - The Terror Maze, it was a great experience.

BTW, understand that Downtown East will be having a revamp, so you can expect to have more fun with new facilities in the Wild Wild Wet and better shopping & dining experience in 2015!

Comments

Popular Posts